Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Biological Methods? Log in
Need a Username/Password? Register
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it under consideration by another journal (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format for main text.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font and all figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points.
- Figures should be embedded in the main text file and also submitted as separate image files in JPEG or TIFF format.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- All supplemental information should be submitted as a single file in PDF format.
- A cover letter should be uploaded as an additional file.
JBM is owned and published by POL Scientific LLC. Authors will be asked to grant POL Scientific an exclusive license to publish your article if it is accepted for publication, but as authors, you retain the rights to do the following:
- Reproduce the article, in whole or in part, in any printed book of which you are an author, provided that the original article is properly and fully attributed.
- Use your article for teaching purposes within your institution, such as using it as course materials
- Post a PDF version of your articles provided that has already been published online on JBM site and a link to the article on JBM site is given on your site.
- Reuse a figure, image or table in the other works of yours.
For noncommercial use by other parties: Other parties are welcome to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt the work — at no cost and without permission — for noncommercial use as long as they attribute the work to the original source using proper citation.
For commercial use by other parties: Permission should be obtained by writing to the editors for any commercial use of materials published by JBM such as reproducing a figure in a book or journal article published by a commercial publisher.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.